Sunday, April 4, 2010

Nate Meets His Fur Cousin

So I totally forgot to mention in the last post full of firsts that Nate met his fur cousin Theo for the first time! It wasn't actually his first time seeing/meeting a dog, but it was the first time when he was old enough to care. Last time, he was about 2 and a half months and wasn't interested in anything that wasn't directly in his face.

Anyway, I wish I had a picture. They got along famously. Every morning, Theo would run down the stairs and come up and sniff Nate and Nate would bat at Theo's nose. Theo, as the older and wiser cousin, definitely took Nate under his wing. When Nate would cry, Theo would cry. And stand guard to the bedroom. It was adorable. Just as Theo welcomes me as part of his pack when I come for a visit, he did the same for Nate. I felt totally comfortable leaving Nate alone to play with Theo around.

He also is cutting his second tooth. Already! I guess it's better to get them over with together, right? It's the other bottom tooth, right next to the first one.

He also has now met his future college roommate, Lucas (son of my old roommate), who is a little over a month older than Nate. They got along famously! Ok, they totally ignored each other. But we had a wonderful visit from Lucas and his sisters, mom and Mimi. I have some pics, but they're on the other camera. The picture at the bottom here is from our trip to the American History Museum today. He loved it! Ok, he cried a bunch because he couldn't fall asleep and then he finally conked out for an hour. Good times.

To make up for the lack of Nate/Theo and Nate/Lucas pics, here are some random ones:






Why so many of him sleeping? BECAUSE HE'S ADORABLE, THAT'S WHY.

No comments:

Post a Comment